If you are a new user or owner of a WordPress website/blog and want to check your website audience’s behavior, how they interact with your website. The best way to know your audience behavior is through website traffic analytics, and you can get these analytics through the free Google Analytics tool. This article will share how to add Google Analytics to the WordPress website with plugins that will help you connect your website with Google Analytics.
By Analyzing these analytics, you can quickly check your website performance as well as the behavior of your website audience. It will help you improve your marketing & SEO strategy.
How to Add Google Analytics to a WordPress Website with Plugins
There are different methods of adding Google Analytics to a WordPress website. But one of the easiest methods to add Google Analytics to WordPress is by using WordPress plugins.
Before adding Google Analytics through WordPress plugins, you have to sign up for a Google Analytics account then you can easily integrate Google Analytics with your WordPress website.
There are many WordPress plugins that will help you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website. But here, we will discuss two plugins that will help you connect your website with Google Analytics.
- Insert Headers And Footers Plugin
- Analytify Google Analytics Plugin
How to Add Google Analytics with Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
With Insert headers and footers plugin, you can easily add Google Analytics script to your WordPress website without opening any WordPress file and start tracking your website traffic analytics.
You need to follow the given steps to add the Analytics script to your website using the Insert Headers and footers plugin.
Note: We assume that you have already signed up for a Google Analytics account.
How to Install Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress website dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New and Search for the Insert Headers and Footers plugin.
- Now click on the Install Now button to install the plugin on your website.
- After installing the plugin, click on the Activate button then activate the plugin on your website.
How to Add Google Analytics with Insert Headers and Footers
- Now navigate to Settings > WP Headers And Footers in your WP dashboard.
- A new window will open where you will find three options (Scripts in the header, Scripts in body, Scripts in footer)
- Simply, you need to copy the Google Analytics tracking code from your Google Analytics account, paste it in the Scripts In Header area and click on the Save Changes button.
This is how you can install Google Analytics on your WordPress website by using the Insert Headers And Footer plugin. Now you can track your website traffic in your Google Analytics account and check your website performance.
Note: With this amazing plugin, you can also install Facebook Pixels Tracking Code, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console for website verification, Bing webmaster tool, and Custom CSS/HTML & JS Code to your website.
How to Add Google Analytics with Analytify Plugin
Analytify Google Analytics plugin helps you to connect your WordPress website with your Google Analytics account and display your website traffic analytics within your WordPress dashboard. With the Analytify plugin, you don’t need to add the tracking code to your website.
Here, we will guide you on how to add Google Analytics to your website with the Analytify plugin.
How to Install the Analytify Plugin
- Firstly, Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Secondly, Navigate to Plugins > Add New and search for the Analytify plugin.
- Now click on the Install Now button to install the Analytify plugin.
- After installing the plugin, click on the Activate button for the activation of the plugin.
How to Integrate the Google Analytics with Analytify
- Firstly, navigate to Analytify > Settings.
- After Clicking on the Settings option, a new window (Authentication) will open, where you will find two options: Log in With your Google Analytics Account and GA Tracking ID.
- Click on the Log in with your Google Analytics Account option.
- After clicking on the Log in with your Google Analytics option, a new window will open where you have to select your Google Analytics account.
- Then Click on your Analytics account to select the Google Analytics profile that you have created for your website.
- After selecting the account, now allow the permissions by clicking on Allow button.
- The Analytify window will open, where you will find two options Profile for posts (Backend/Front-end) and Profile for dashboard.
- To display the Analytics, you have to select the profile in both options given above.
- After the selection of the profile, click on the Save Changes button to save the Settings.
- Now navigate to Analytify > Dashboard to view the website Analytics of your website.
Then you can easily view your website traffic stats in the Analytify dashboard and quickly analyze your website performance.
Hence, this is how you can easily integrate your website with Google Analytics by using the Analytify plugin and view your website analytics within your WordPress dashboard. Using the Google Analytics plugin, you can quickly view your analytics without opening the Google analytics and check the website performance that will help you improve your marketing strategy and boost your website performance.